Legal Entity Management
- If your business is split across multiple internal companies or entities, you can represent them as clients in the system.
- If you have only one company / entity selling all products, then you can create just one client.
It is important to represent your entities in the system correctly. This cannot be changed later. There are two choices here
- Create one client (owning all SKUs) in the system, and against that client and have a single seller account on every portal. For e.g. if there is a Fashion Brand entity in SellFast, then only one seller account must be there in Flipkart.
- Do not have two seller accounts for different products sold by this entity.
- Create multiple clients (each owning different sets of SKUs) in the system. Then against each client have a dedicated seller account on the portal.
- Do not have one seller account on the portal for two different clients in the system
Following diagram represents it well
Multi Warehousing Design
- System will automatically create 1 warehouse when a client is created.
- If required you can create another wh location by giving address and GSTIN values.
- User uploads SKU master for each client
- Open Inventory Upload Screen
- User can simply upload available inventory (via CSV) for a client, warehouse combination
Channel Integration Management
You can take Increff’s help here
- Confiture the portal using the CIMS Channels Screen.
- Upload the mapping of Product SKU → Portal SKU against each portal
Inventory Exposure and Order Fetching
- System will expose uploaded inventory to all integrated channels.
- As orders are received, inventory is allocated to those orders and remaining inventory is exposed to the channels, on a continuous basis
- Any order cancellations are automatically received in the system
- If some Inventory is allocated, reducing the qty won’t be allowed below that.
- Open Picklist Screen
- User can create a picklist by specifying
- No. of orders to pick
- System will automatically show highest priority orders (by fulfillment time) for which picklist can be created
- Confirm picklist release
- Picklist can be
- Downloaded in CSV
- Printed in PDF
- Searched by channel-warehouse-date combination
In case of multi-warehousing, it has to operationally ensured that, picklist is created for the right warehouse
Picking can be done in two ways
- Download the picklist CSV, upload in ERP and then pick as per the ERP’s WMS. In ERP you can use Inventory Adjustment to move inventory from GOOD SLOC to another (say ECOMMERCE SLOC) to pick
- Print the picklist and pick the items
- Once the inventory has been picked up for a channel (along with the picklist printout), it should be brought to a portal specific packing desk.
It has to be operationally ensured that items picked b/w two pick-list should not be mixed, and that two packing stations are not processing the same pick-list.
Once inventory is brought to a packing desk:
- Open Packing Screen
- Scan picklist id
- Scan any Client SKU. System will show a matching order, with all items in it
- Manually find all other items in the same order and scan SKU barcode
- Once all items are matched click on Print Invoice and Print AWB buttons
- Pack items in right packaging material along with Invoice and AWB
- Scan AWB to register the AWB against the order
- Success message will be shown, screen will reset will wait for next Client sku input
- Cancelled orders are automatically not allowed to pack
- If an item is missing then again you have to operationally handle this (and also adjust accordingly in ERP)
- DO NOT PACK THE ORDER DIRECTLY FROM PORTAL. This will result in orders unnecessarily getting picked up in the warehouse two times and other data integrity issues.
Order Cancellation & Picking Errors
- If orders get cancelled by customer before picklist creation, they will automatically not appear in the packing screen
- If orders get cancelled by customer after picking they will not be allowed to get packed
- If you are not able to find items then, open Picklist Management Screen. You will find open orders there. You can either
- Remove them from current picklist (in which case they will be assigned to next picklist)
- Cancel them (seller cancellation)
Take all packed items to the manifest station. Segregate all packages in batches of Portal + Transporter combination
- Open the Manifest Screen
- Select corresponding Portal and Transporter
- Scan AWB no.s one by one
- Cancelled orders are automatically not accepted
- Print Manifest
Note: Cancelled orders are automatically not allowed to manifest
This step is necessary, because sometimes orders can get cancelled even after Manifest (or the transporter may not have them in their list of orders to pick). So once the transportation arrives,
- Open the Handover Screen
- Open Portal and Transporter
- Scan AWB nos one by one
Note: Cancelled orders are automatically not allowed to handover
Other Requirements and Use Cases
Few requirements and use-cases have been excluded from the system, to keep it simple. The goals is to simply sell-fast. You can find these use-cases and requirements (and possible workarounds) in the What is not included section.