A channel is either an ERP or a Market Place. The CIMS module allows OMS to be integrated with channels. It performs the following key tasks of communication b/w OMS and a channel.
- Receiving new masters, updates in masters from channel
- Sending partial inventory updates to channel (as and when GRN or inventory allocation happens)
- Receiving new orders and order-updates
- Creation of invoice, AWB and manifest
- Receiving return orders
- Daily full inventory sync
One can easily configure a channel for integration using the CIMS UI. The following information needs to be supplied.
- Channel credentials (this can be obtained from the market places)
- Assure warehouse-id to channel warehouse-id mapping
- Assure product-id to channel product-id mapping
- Assure channel-id to ERP customer-id mapping (in case of ERP integration)
- Inventory exposure buffer (say 1 or 2) to expose lesser inventory than available. So if buffer is 1, and available inventory is 3, then only 2 pieces will be sent to the channel. This is useful in peak sales periods, where the chances of excess orders are high.
You can easily enable/disable inventory sync and order sync with a channel.
The system automatically stores last 10 inventory updates with the channels, so that in case there is any inventory discrepancy, then it be easily diagnosed.
To see full sized image, right click on the image, and select Open image in new tab